Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A...A…Alan R…R…R…Rickman!!!!!

This morning we were on our way to the Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising for our Media & Culture class. There was a huge group of us from Elon and we were weaving our way through Paddington station to get to the Circle line. But this is just the background information you need. Here’s the important stuff:

As I’m walking up the stairs approaching the hall leading to the Circle line, I look up. I’m climbing on the left and a man came around the corner to climb down on the right. Holy gosh and golly gee. There was NO doubt and NO question in my mind. That furrowed brow. The distinguished face. The tight-lipped serious near-grin. The grayed and airy hair. Alan. Rickman.

I. Was. Breathing. In. the. Same. Vicinity. As. Alan. Rickman.

As chills ran all over my body, my heart was absolutely pounding in my throat. God help me when I finally find Rupert. Because if this is how it feels to just SEE Alan Rickman. Well. I will be more than a wreck with Rupe.

I just couldn’t believe it. Here I am in the bloody tube station on my way to a museum in Notting Hill and Alan Rickman is in the same bloody tube station going about his business as though he weren’t Alan Rickman. Is that allowed? Is he allowed to just walk around Paddington station? My gosh, I can’t believe it. One of my favorite actors of ALL TIME!!

Scenes from all his movies were flashing in my mind. There he was watching Kate Winslet sing at her piano in “Sense and Sensibility.” I could see him sitting down and asking Laura Linney how long she has been in love with Karl in “Love Actually.” And, my GOD!! He was lurking the halls of Hogwarts getting Daniel, Rupert and Emma in trouble for something. Oh. My. Gosh.

Well, now that I’ve written this all out, I can finally allow myself to scream. That was my deal with Morgan (one of my roommates). I had to bottle it all up and then I could scream later. So let me get on that, shall I?

1 comment:

Olivia Hubert-Allen said...

So exciting! I saw the Rupert on a teleconference this summer... kinda close right? ;)

Miss ya girlie!